1) Packet pick up and registration is from 3-6 p.m. at the Hearth & Vine Cafe at Black Star Farms located on the corner of Revold Road & M-22 approximately 5 miles south of Suttons Bay.
2) You receive your bib#, t-shirt and 10% off pizza at the cafe. A limited number of shirts available for sale for $10.
3) This is a good opportunity for your friends/family to sign up for the event. Less hectic than Sunday morning.
4) While you are up Suttons Bay way, this would be a good time to see the finish at Waterwheel Park, the awards/food/raffle area at Marina Park, head to Hillside Feed for the 5k start, Chateau de Leelanau for the relay exchange, or Brengman Brothers at Crain Hill for the 25k/relay start.
Before your race Sunday 8-27:
1) Parking for 25k and 5k participants will be on the streets of Suttons Bay, with shuttle service to the start of both races originating on Front Street just above Marina Park. Signs and volunteers will be nearby to assist. Temporary parking is available at Hillside Feed & Supply for the 5k start or Crain Hill Vineyard for the 25k start. Drops offs on race day at both locations are fine.
2) Shuttle bus departure times for the 25k will go from 6:15 to7:15. It’s approximately a 20 minute drive. The race starts at 8:00. Shuttle bus times for the 5k are 7:15 to 8:15 and is about a 5 minute drive. The race starts at 8:30. Packet pick up on Sunday morning are at the starting lines of your event. Your participant t-shirts will be available at Marina Park for pick up after your event and you MUST have your bib.
3) Relay participants do not take the shuttle. Coordinate your own way from the start at Crain Hill Vineyard to the finish at Waterwheel Park. If both drive a) both go to the relay start, b) one runs the 15k leg, the other drives to the exchange, c) after the exchange the other runs the 10k while the finished 15k runner drives the vehicle to Suttons Bay. If only one drives find a 3rd person to assist in transporting relay members to their spots. Remember, both race day bib#’s will be at Crain Hill Vineyard.
4) The drop box for clothing to be transported to the finish at Waterwheel Park is Ross’ Gray Tacoma. Look for it at the starting line area for the 25k and 5k. We are not responsible for lost items.
During your race:
1) All participants will be sharing the roads with cars and the Leelanau Trail with walkers, runners and bikers. Please be respectful of their right to share in the beauty the race course provides. We will have “Caution Runners Ahead” posted at each end of the section used for the Leelanau Trail and on Center Highway for cars approaching the corner of Center Highway & Revold Road but it is your responsibility to be cautious of your surroundings.
2) There are aid stations located at miles 2, 4, 6, 8, 9.5, 12.5 and 14 for the 25k/relay and at the 1.5 mile mark of the 5k. There are portable toilets at miles 2, 4, 7.5, 9.5, 12.5 and 14 of the 25k and at the 2.0 mile mark of the 5k in addition to the start, finish & Marina Park award/food area. GU will only be available at the 9.5 mile aid station.
3) Sheriff’s Department personnel and course marshals will be located at strategic locations along the route to ensure your safety. Other than a lane closure the first mile of the 25k/relay and the first 100 meters of the 5k, you will be sharing the road with cars.
4) SAG vehicles are available to assist those who are unable to finish up to the finish area in Suttons Bay. If you are unable to finish please try to do so at one of the aid stations where they will equipped with cell phones to call SAG vehicles.
After your race:
1) The race finishes at Waterwheel Park at the corner of St. Mary’s Street and Jefferson Street in Suttons Bay. You will need to walk the two blocks east on Jefferson Street to get to Marina Park. Use caution when crossing St. Joseph Street. (M-22)
2) Marina Park will be the site of the award presentation, food tent and raffle. 5k awards will be at 9:30 with the raffle for 5k participants to follow. 25k/relay awards are at 11:00 with their raffle to follow. There is a playground set, beach, and the cool waters of Suttons Bay to enjoy while you await your award.
3) Award information is posted on our website at http://www.vineyard2bay25k.com. Additional information can be found on our blog with that link on our website. For results go to http://timing.enduranceevolution.com/
Thank you for supporting this year’s event! We hope you enjoy participating as much as we’ve enjoyed preparing!
Ross Deye/Race Director
Nancy Deye/Volunteer Coordinator